Pages


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Hackers? Crackers?

Before I write this post, I don't know what the interesting topic that I have to share with you.I open my book then I close back..I open again and again and I my eyes stop at one page. Yeah! Got it! Hackers and Crackers..:)

Lets check together what is a hacker and what is a crackers? The spelling 'hackers' and 'crackers' is not a same but the sound is quite similar. So, do you think hackers and crackers is a same meaning? Or same character? Some people think of these two groups as being the same, but is it true? Come to join me to know about this two groups in generally..

"Hackers"
  • Are people who create or improve programs and share those programs with fellow hackers.
  • Typically they are not criminals
  • A person who is very skilled at computing in general
  • Obtain advanced knowledge of operating system & programming languages
  • constantly seek further knowledge, freely share what they have discovered and never ever intentionally damage data.
  • Example: programmer, IT professional, computer science experts

"Crackers"
  • Create & share programs designed to gain unauthorized access to computer systems
  • Their motives are malicious and can be destructive and costly
  • Typically they are criminals
  • A person who has a higher than normal degree of technical competency, but who uses his knowledge for malicious ends.

For my view, 'hackers' are not criminal. Why? Because hackers who were just want to explore the whole system. They usually willing to share their knowledge and take hacking as some sort of personal challenge. Furthermore, they are usually very well trained, whether formally or self-taught, in several different types of computing platforms. While 'crackers' used in criminal sense. Why? Because crackers might employ malicious codes to steal the data and try to attack systems and security personnel try to stop them by creating better security protocols.

Under these two broad categories, you can easily make your conclusion about both groups. But for me, "HACKERS is a GOOD and CRACKERS is a BAD!! Lets think together! :)





See You Next Time!

Reference:
Difference between Hackers & Crackers

No comments:

Post a Comment